In any business, the measurement of performance is vital to its success. If brick-and-mortar businesses religiously track their inventory, monthly sales performance, past and upcoming orders, and business expenses, why can’t an online business (where it’s so easy to track performance) do the same? The truth is that there’s no excuse for failing to track your performance.
You should be tracking your performance down to the smallest detail. To do that, you will need to use a great analytics software. Below, I’ll go over the top analytics programs for online businesses that you can use to precisely measure your performance.
There is a reason why Google Analytics is so widely used: it’s an efficient tool that provides important information on your site’s performance. You can see what keywords are bringing in the most traffic to your site. But that’s just its basic feature. You can do much more:
- Know which campaigns are sending you the most traffic. For whatever campaign you’re running (SEO, social media, PPC, etc.), you can see, in clear detail, how much traffic is being generated from individual marketing methods.
- Track the locations of your visitors.
- Know what pages perform the best, and determine which ones perform the worst.
Google Analytics is a great option if you want a free program that is just as powerful as most other tracking programs.
Clicky Analytics is an extremely robust plugin that can help you understand how well your site is performing. Here are some of its great features:
- Real-time performance tracking. You can track traffic as soon as it’s coming in. Other tools (like Google Analytics) will give you a traffic report on the day after the traffic comes in.
- A dynamic bounce metric system.
- A heatmap of where visitors spend most of their time on your web page.
- The ability to track the actions of individual users.
Clicky has both free and paid plans. It’s a common alternative to Google Analytics.
Clicktale helps you visually understand how visitors are engaging with your site. Here’s how:
- With very detailed heatmaps, it gives insight into the most effective areas of your site. This will give you important feedback on what needs to change and what needs to remain the same on your site.
- Watch replays of your customer’s browsing sessions. This will help you to better understand visitor behavior.
Contact Clicktale to request a personalized demo of the program.
If you publish online content, this is a very powerful tool. Parse.ly tracks posts and authors, and it measures how different pieces of content perform. Here’s more of what it does:
- You can track how readers are digesting your content. Know if readers are sharing the content, giving you referrals from their networks and more.
- Real-time analytics software.
- Identify content consumption trends.
Parse.ly has several paid plans. Contact Parse.ly to get a quote.
Kissmetrics is the ultimate tracking program for eCommerce stores. It specializes in helping you optimize your conversions, and it does this by providing a dynamic set of tools.
- Identify the weak points in your sales funnel.
- Segment traffic into groups based on behavior and activity.
- Automatically split test your marketing campaigns.
- Detailed revenue reports that paint a clear picture of how your store is performing.
Kissmetrics has plans that start at $120.
If you want to treat your website like a business, you need to thoroughly track your performance. Doing this will enable you to identify what is, and isn’t, working in your online business, and it will help to give you clarity on how to push your operation towards more success.
Are you ready to discuss your next eCommerce website project with the leader in WooCommerce website development and digital marketing? If so, contact Zen Agency today! We are a group of WooCommerce experts.
Want more digital strategy advice and insights?
Sign up for our newsletter.
Facebook is at it again, innovating the social media landscape … this time with its uber-popular platform, Instagram. In a March 19th press release, the company unveiled the new Instagram Checkout feature, an e-commerce extension of the app. Since it’s currently in beta with only 25 companies, not much is known about it, and businesses…
According to a study published by the U.S. Census Bureau’s Department of Commerce, total e-commerce sales in the United States were estimated at $513.6 billion in 2018, a 14.2% increase from 2017. This data has been on an upward trend since 2009. Future projections globally cement e-commerce as the primary shopping method. Now, more than…
The most exciting part of doing business in this day in age is how much technology is available. This elevates the potential of what you can do with your marketing since it opens up a world of opportunities. While technology won’t be the magic button that will fix all of your problems, it helps accelerate…
Sales are the lifeblood of any business. Without a steady stream of sales, you don’t have revenue. And without revenue, you don’t have a thriving business. In today’s post, we’re going to look at the three tenets of lead generation, and how you can use them to exponentially grow your business. Tenet 1: You Must…
Zen Agency has earned the Sharpspring Silver Partner Certification from Sharpspring, a leading marketing automation platform. Why Does Marketing Automation Matter? The marketing automation tools provided by Zen Agency as a Sharpspring Silver Partner allows you to deliver the right message to the right leads. Track your content, who is seeing it, and craft an…
If you were to go back 20 years, you would see that law firm marketing was starkly different than it is today. You would see more billboards, late-night infomercials, neighborhood flyers, and newspaper ads. These days, we have websites, SEO, pay-per-click ads, and social media marketing. The options available to lawyers today give them countless…
Almost every successful website has one thing in common: Great content. You can have an extremely beautiful website with all the bells and whistles, but if you don’t have content, your web presence is woefully incomplete. You must learn how to start content marketing the proper way. There are no shortcuts: You need good content.…
Many businesses jump straight into marketing without a plan. This is a big mistake. Going into battle without a strategy will leave you with a poorly spent marketing budget and lackluster results. Often enough, the difference between companies who dominate the marketplace and companies who fail to get off the ground is simple: A clear,…
If I were to ask you, “what’s the #1 search engine?”, you would automatically say, “Google”, and you’d be right. But what if I were to ask you to state the #2 search engine? Some would say Bing or Yahoo, but the truth is that Youtube is the second largest search engine in the world.…
Let’s say you’re a business that’s running different online and marketing channels like SEO, PPC, email marketing and direct mail. You notice a remarkable uptick in sales, but you’re not precisely sure where they are coming from, as you’re using a variety of different marketing methods. If many of your leads contact you via the…